- Posted a new song: "Let You Go" (lyrics) (May 14)
sorry guys! i posted the same song like three times, but i'm just gettin used to bandpage! lol! anyhoo, this is a song written by myself, stuart zender and chris brenner last year. i wrote the lyrics, we all did the music and stu did most of the production on his own at my house! thanks stu! i love it, but its a bit experimental and we have been spending the last two years finding ourselves. this is who we were last year! lol! enjoy! (from the previous post)
- I really want to share my very special episode on @theconversation with @amandadecadenet http://www.theconversation.tv/videos/milla-jovovich-the-importance-of-education/ .. it's... #forrealman (May 21)
- Just finished The Hooligan Nights by #Clarence Rook and gave it 5 stars! Crime AND Victorian misery! (May 27)
- At #fidenzavillage supporting young designers with francasozzani1 and #Bollierdesiree #strongwomenrule
- At #fidenzavillage wearing young designer #flavialarocca and purse by #aquazurra
- With my mentor and friend francasozzani1 at #fidenzavillage today!
- hey tweeps! i posted a new album of bts pics on my fb page! check them: http://www.facebook.com/MillaJovovich
- my best friend chris brenner and my boy jared Eng took some amazing bts pics during the festival! we had so much fun together, thanks boys! (btw, the internet connection has been so bad here that i haven't been able to keep you all updated in the moment and it took me SO LONG to upload these photos! lol! so please enjoy!) xo m
- so we're finally in Venice for Biennale and i'm doing an art/installation piece for my friend, contemporary artist Tara Subkoff (article). Its super hard to get online here, so making albums is a bit challenging! lol!
check out the new photos i posted in my friend's Chris and Jared's behind the scenes album i just added and also, visit me at: instagram.com/millajovovich to see my adventures at the gorgeous village of the Visconti family in my dear girlfriend's castle in Grazzano Visconti! (yea, i'm kind of insanely lucky to have an amazing friend with a spectacular property! lolol!)
anyway, i'm going to be posting more pics on instagram from my experience here in Venice! so i'll keep you posted and make an album at some point, but no time for the moment, i have to jump in the shower now and GET TO WORK! xo m (May 28)
- At the location 4 my performance at #venicebiennale directed by #tarasubkoff
- The incredible #tarasubkoff #inaction for her performance/installation at #venicebiennale
- The view from my glass house at #venicebiennale
- Hey every1! I'm about to start the performance piece w #tarasubkoff I now #fakemilla for the nxt 5 hrs. Goodbye real milla.
- #fakemilla begins
- Small box structure
- Conflicted night dreams
- #fakemilla is getting so much stuff!! my glass house is kind of... not built for all this stuff. #whathaveidone
- i'm going to go on http://fakemilla.com and see if i can communicate.
- this is a bit overwhelming. how did i end up getting this much stuff?! lolol! i swear i'm very simple normally.
- still trying to log into http://fakemilla.com just this internet reception sucks here... is it only me?! sometimes i feel like its..
- wait, something else arrived!
- An antidote for claustrophobia
- #fakemilla #failuretoconnect #runningoutofroom
- #anantidoteforclaustrophobia #toovulnerabletobereal #objectivity
- A house protects a person. #failuretoconnect
- So I'm done being #fakemilla, thank u all 4 bearing with me thru the performance! Back 2 reality!
- The following quotes were displayed below the live video feed:
- The people recognize themselves in their commodities; they find their soul in their automobile, hi-fi set, split-level home, kitchen equipment. - Herbert Marcuse
- An average woman will subconsciously or consciously see over 3000 ads every day and will spend three years of her life watching tv commercials. She is told to buy new and be new. This, of course, is impossible. Consumption can not turn back the clock...the more fuel, the larger the flame...the brighter the flame, etc- Tara Subkoff
- All that was once directly lived has become mere representation - Debord
- Obviously we're a consumer nation and you have the power to influence these big corporations who are running the world right now through what you chose to, or not to, purchase. - Daryl Hannah
- There is massive propaganda for everyone to consume. Consumption is good for profits and consumption is good for the political establishment. - Noam Chomsky
- Consumption is the sole end and purpose of all production. - Adam Smith
- Yes, it's true. The making, manufacturing, cleaning of clothing and textiles is the biggest pollutant on the planet. - Tommy Hilfiger
- The spectacle is not a collection of images; rather, it is a social relationship between people that is mediated by images. - Debord
- In our rich consumers' civilization we spin cocoons around ourselves and get possessed by our possessions. - Max Lerner
- A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets. - Steve Jobs
- The day, water, sun, moon, night - I do not have to purchase these things with money. -Plautus
- In a consumer society, social life is not about living, but about having; the spectacle uses the image to convey what people need and must have. - Debord
- The smartphone revolution is under-hyped, more people have access to phones than access to running water. We've never had anything like this before since the beginning of the planet. - Marc Andreessen
- In Venice for #biennale (May 29)
- Arrival in #venicebiennale
From @MillaJovovich: hey every1! check out my new #cannes2013 album on: http://www.facebook.com/MillaJovovich to c all the amzing looks i wore so far at the festival! enjoy! xo i wanted to give a special thank you to my L'Oréal family for bringing me to Cannes 2013! you guys are so wonderful and i'm so proud to have represented you on the red carpet again this year! Also, as a co-chair of AmFar, i would love to say thank you on behalf of everyone at the organization for yet again, being so generous to our fight against HIV/AIDS and buying a table at the AmFar Gala tonight!! see you there! xo m
Blood Ties screening, Cannes Film Festival, May 20, 2013
Behind The Candelabra screening, Cannes Film Festival, May 21, 2013
All Is Lost screening, Cannes Film Festival, May 22, 2013
amfAR's 20th annual Cinema Against Aids gala, Cannes Film Festival, May 23, 2013
Talent Store opening, Venice, Italy, May 27, 2013
"Future/Perfect" with Tara Subkoff, 2013 Venice Biennale art festival, Venice, Italy, May 28, 2013